· If you have cut roses but won’t be arranging them until later, get them into warm water as soon as possible. Roses need hydration!
· Once you are ready to arrange your roses, always use a clean vase to prevent any bacteria from damaging the roses.
· Fill the vase ¾ full with warm water. Warm water can be absorbed easier by the roses, allowing for the nutrients to reach the bloom quickly!
· Flower food is a key ingredient to helping your roses last longer. Be sure to follow the directions on the package when adding the food to the water. If you do not have any packaged flower food available, you can make your own using 3 teaspoons of non-diet lemon-lime soda and 1 teaspoon of bleach to one quart of warm water.
· Remove any foliage that would fall below the water line. Leaves cause bacteria to grow in the water which will shorten the vase life of the roses.
· To cut your stems properly, you should hold the bottom of the roses under water and cut each stem at an angel, removing about an inch of stem. It is best to cut the stems under water because this allows for the roses to start absorbing water immediately.
· For optimum vase life, repeat these steps every three days!
Keeping your roses looking beautiful…
· Always avoid displaying your roses in direct sunlight and near any drafts
· Keep your roses away from ripening fruit as these give off ethylene gas, which shortens the life of the cut flowers.
· Gently remove any discolored or drooping petals.
If your roses wilt, they can be revived!
· Submerge the entire roses under water, such as a sink or bathtub. In about 30 minutes to an hour, the roses will have absorbed enough water to become replenished. Before putting it back into the vase, remember to cut off one inch of the stem under water using a sharp knife or pair scissors.
Thanks for reading… www.fieldofflowers.com 1.800.963.7374 (1.800.96.FRESH)
You can call, click or come in to one of our Field of Flowers flower markets in Boca Raton, Miami or Davie, FL for over 100 varieties in store every day…plus supplies, vases, containers, everything you need to express yourself with flowers. Make your own arrangements, or order exquisite arrangements by our floral designers. Pick up in-store or ship fast and fresh locally or worldwide.